Located on the outskirts of Nairobi, the park offers spotting of Lions, Leopard, Rhino and other plains game with the exception of Elephant.Vegetation is primarily savannah with isolated stretches of riverine forests. Several hundred species of birds can also be spotted here.
This park is excellent for a day visit from Nairobi. No accommodation/lodges available inside the park.
Nairobi Park Facts
- Altitude 5,000ft.
- Area 117sq. kms
- Distance from Nairobi 7 kms
- Opened December 1946
- Day outing from Nairobi
- Leading rhino, buffalo, lion leopard, crocodile, hippo
- Cheetah raised 7 cubs in 1977, 1992, 1994, 1995
- All weather roads good for saloon & 4 WD. vehicles
- Nature trail & education center at main gate
- Historic ivory burning site
- 6 picnic sites
- Hippo pool nature trail
- rhino sanctuary
- David sheldrick elephant orphanage visit.
- Karen Blixen museum
- Giraffe centre visit
- Kazuri beads factory